What is to be done?
Intelligent Ironman Creativity Contest is a 72-hour non-stop competition. You have to design and create a real product from your own design .This is the requirement of the main project. You can find all the past examples at our official website.
What is the competition?
Intelligent Ironman Creativity Contest wants you to utilize what you have learned in school creatively, and to challenge yourself and create your own magic. During the contest, everyone can surf the Internet (the participants can use intranet only) to know each team’s performance and their record at each side task.
Forming a team and Registration
Students registering high schools or vocational high schools can form a team. It is advised to have team mates in different disciplines.
- A team should have minimum 4 and maximum 6 members.
- Due to the needs of knowledge from natural sciences, social science and other ability such as implementation, creativity, and physical strength, it is recommended that team member should specialize in different aspects.
- One team stands for each country. For those countries holding the preliminary contest with the team number exceeding 100, one more quota will be given.
- At least six international teams will be accepted. If the number of teams exceeds the host can accommodate, countries holding preliminary contest have higher priority. Remaining quota will be given to teams registering earliest.
- The official language is English.
- Each team may bring one evaluation committee member.
Registration: Download forms
- Requesting for assistance(explanation, preliminary): Apr 30, 2016
- Registration deadline: (by Postmark or email): May 31, 2016
- Contest:July 26- July 29, 2016
- Check-in &Rule explanation:Evening July 24, 2016
- One day local tour: July 25, 2016
- Opening ceremony& team jubilating & evening banquet:Evening July 25, 2016
- Contest time (72-hour non-stop):8AM of July 26, 2016 to 8AM of July 29, 2016
- Project Evaluation:9AM to 2PM, July 29,2016
- Award presentation ceremony & Closing ceremony:Afternoon of July 29, 2016
Other important hints
- The host will cover the living and lodging expenses for team members, one team advisor and one evaluation committees from July 24, 2016 to July 29, 2016.
- Financial support for transportation expenses is limited to new team max of 50% of the total cost and is subject to availability. Please request early.
- Tours in Taiwan under team’s own expenses before or after the contest can be arranged. But do request as early as possible.
- Food provided is mainly Chinese style. Teams can bring their own food if necessary. Teams can also specify the kind of food they want; the host will try to arrange a few meals as specified.
- Champion: NT$150,000 (approx. 4,600 USD)
- Second place: NT$80,000 (approx. 2,500 USD)
- Third place: NT$50,000 (approx. 1,500 USD)
- Best Task Tackler Award: NT$80,000 (approx. 2,500 USD)
- Creative Jubilating Award: NT$10,000 (approx. 300 USD)